Home Contact About me We believe Photography Stitch Bake

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Grass Fires


Remember how I mentioned how much I love my childhood home?

You can read about it here.

Right now, my childhood home is being threatened by a grassfire.

Two of the neighbors' homes have already been destroyed.

I am finding great comfort in these words.

Your prayers are very much appreciated.

Update 11:40pm


Update 12:05am

We lost the house.

Update 2:00am

Correction: We only lost half of the house. Fortunately, all of the irreplaceable things were unharmed. I am still waiting to hear about Joanna, the cat. She slept in the area of the house that burned down completely. My parents will hopefully be able to return to it tomorrow. Firefighters are still on duty at our house. I will post pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Mandy, I am so sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight. What a devastating experience! I'm so glad you were able to take all of those photos to remember the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love, that is so sad!!! I am sorry!

    ReplyDelete