Home Contact About me We believe Photography Stitch Bake

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A year of marriage


Last month, Paul and I celebrated our one year anniversary of being married.

I'm naturally nostalgic about many things in my life, but especially so about our time as newlyweds. I'm already missing it a little, though it was difficult at times. Learning to live with another person and share every part of you is no easy thing.

I'm using this little corner of the internet that I call mine to record some of the little things that I don't want to forget about our first year as newlyweds.

-learning to bake homemade bread

-decorating our first Christmas tree - BYU themed

-Hamburger Helper and Netflix date nights

-"our" little tree outside of our living room window

-going to the shooting range

-snowboarding at Sundance

-dressing up for Halloween

-our tiny apartment

-listening to Nickel Creek 24/7
-drinking our weight in candy cane hot cocoa
-rose-scented soap
-killing each other in Halo, but always kissing afterwards
-watching the entire series of Firefly and Avatar
-I've never been a fan of bacon. We're not sure if it's because of a chromosomal deficiency or if I'm missing a crucial taste bud. Either way, I'd never cooked bacon before we got married. One morning, I woke up early to make Paul a special breakfast and put butter into the frying pan in order to cook the bacon. He woke up to smelling smoke and me in tears over the bacon not cooking. He still laughs about this and constantly reminds me not to butter the bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment