Home Contact About me We believe Photography Stitch Bake

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

big girls don't cry


When I was a little girl, my mom would sing to me this song (before Fergi ruined it) while she was washing my hair so that I wouldn't cry when the water got into my eyes. 

I'm a big girl now. I do big girl things like pay taxes, go to the grocery store, and clean up my messes. But I still cry. In fact, I just wrapped up a good cry because Paul just drove away with my heart. As I cried, Lily patted my face and said, "Mandy! Daddy! Yi-Ye!" I'm loving these polysyllabic words she's repeating lately.

Paul is going to Colorado for three weeks to help his parents fix up their house so that they can sell it. Before he left, he hugged me and Lily tightly and planted kisses on both of our foreheads. We're going to miss the crap out of him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment