Home Contact About me We believe Photography Stitch Bake

Sunday, November 22, 2015

firsts


So many firsts in the last week. Last Monday, Jack finally took off crawling. He's been thinking about it for the last month or so, but just couldn't figure out how to get one leg out from underneath him. Then on Wednesday, I was nursing him in bed, trying to get him to sleep, when he decided that it would be more entertaining to bounce up and down and screech happily. Somewhere in the middle of all that, he looked right at me, and yelled, "MAMAMAMAMA!" Then yesterday, he began clapping his hands. I am just not ready for this. It doesn't feel like he should be an "older baby" this soon. I want to do it all over again and again. He is truly the easiest baby when he's not in his carseat. We have been able to drive eight hours to Kansas City (eight hours in the carseat, I don't know how we survived), fly to Texas, and traipse all over downtown Chicago because he is such an easygoing little guy. Jack rarely whines, even when he's teething ferociously. He's still sleeping in our bed and wakes up once or twice a night for a little milk. He thinks solid foods are totally lame. I just can't get over him.


His favorite activity: stalking his sister.


First snowfall:



Please live in my basement til you're forty, Jackie boy.

2 comments: