Home Contact About me We believe Photography Stitch Bake

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Must Read

I just finished reading a book that I think every child in America should be required to read.

A Thousand Never Evers

by Shana Burg


This book is about a young black girl in Mississippi in 1963 and the hardships her family goes through due to racism.

If you enjoyed To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee then you will love this book.

Me loving this book is kind of scandalous.

My family is very Southern.

But since when have I ever fit into the norm?

I broke out of the Southern stereotype by joining the LDS church.

Then I broke it by enjoying a book that sympathizes with black people.

I've even since dropped the accent.

My white supremacist ancestors would be so ashamed.

I'm more than okay with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment