Home Contact About me We believe Photography Stitch Bake

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

We're a Guns Up Kind of Family

For those of you who don't already know,

my grandparents are die-hard Texas Tech University fans.

They're both alumni.

They haven't missed a single home football game in thirty-some-odd-years.

My grandfather had the Tech-A&M game on television while my grandmother was giving birth to my mom.

Once I wanted to paint my bedroom orange,

and I was told that I couldn't because my grandfather "didn't want folks thinkin' we were Longhorns."

They even have a bottle opener that plays the fight song every time you open a beer.

If that doesn't tell you how dedicated they are, then wait until you hear what they've done.

My Papa is an artist. He sculps, he draws, he takes photographs, but best of all he makes huge tile mosaics.

My Meme is a perfectionist to a T (for Tarrie Sue)

and together,

with each of their talents

and their undying devotion to Texas Tech

They made eight 13x19 ft mosaics featuring depictions of the school song.

My Papa designed them all

and my Meme put in each individual tile.

All 381,000 tiles




And you thought I was exaggerating.

No comments:

Post a Comment