Home Contact About me We believe Photography Stitch Bake

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lloyd Arbon

This man is my husband's grandfather, Lloyd Earl Arbon.


The picture above is of him during his full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Texas and Louisiana in 1954.

Lloyd is a father of six and grandfather of twenty-six (to the best of my knowledge, I think I miscounted in there somewhere).


Paul credits his grandfather with being his "perfect example of everything [he] aim[s] to be in this lifetime."

Lloyd is a devoted temple worker, family history researcher, and BYU sports fan.

(the baby girl in the picture is my mother-in-law)

He claims that the best day of his life was the day that he was married to Paul's grandmother. Their story is so sweet and full of love that it brings tears to my eyes every time I listen to them both recall it. They met after Lloyd returned from serving in the Korean War and JoAnn waited for him during his two-year long mission for the church. Personally, I don't know how she did it; I would probably die if I had to wait for Paul that long. She is one tough cookie.

Here is a photo of Lloyd and Paul's grandmother (JoAnn) when they were dating:


Lloyd's story is coming to an end soon. On Saturday night, Paul and I went to visit him. As we were talking about the extremity of his cancer, Lloyd calmly said,

"I am not afraid of dying because I know the Gospel is true."

Those simple words rang in my ears the rest of the night.

I never want to forget them.

Want to know more about Lloyd's testimony? Go here.



1 comment: