I am back in Provo!
I'm still not finished unpacking boxes into our new home, but I wanted to break in the new kitchen today.
These sweet babies are going to my friends and ex-coworkers at Provo City Library.
Due to Lemon, (baby) I've been determined to only consume healthy, hormone-free foods.
That means no cookies, cakes, or any otherwise unhealthy, nutrient-free foods.
I've compromised with myself and Lemon, and together we decided that I can eat foods that have at least one thing healthy about them. This particular recipe has whole-grain Cheerios cereal and organic peanut butter. We're just going to ignore the cup of sugar and corn syrup. We're going to lie to our stomachs (and Lemons) and pretend like this is a really healthy recipe. So here you go!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup organic creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups whole grain Cheerios
- wax paper or foil
1. Stir together light corn syrup and sugar in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Let mixture sit for 1 minute, then stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Add Cheerios.
2. Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto waxpaper or foil.
3. Try not to burn your fingers as you lick the pan.
4. Try to wait fifteen minutes for them to set.
5. Devour and enjoy guilt-free feelings because you're eating something healthy.
Thanks to Real Mom Kitchen for the recipe.