I might have had a minor stress meltdown today. Let's not talk about it.
One movie that my grandparents played for me over and over growing up was the Sound of Music. Every time the world seems like it is out to get me, I think of my favorite things, like in this song:
- how husband's eyes crinkle when he smiles
- blue mason jars
- pink peonies
- our wedding cake
- my Papa's chocolate chip cookies
- quail that have a nest somewhere near my new front porch
- blue teacups
- kneading bread dough
- feeling my wee one wiggle
- love notes
- hearing my husband pray at night
Also, picking out outfits for the wee one. This is going to be the best dressed kid ever.