Home Contact About me We believe Photography Stitch Bake

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Last First Date


Today is special.

You're going to laugh when I tell you why.

Two years ago today I said yes to my last first date.

I am a sentimental nincompoop. Blame the pregnancy hormones.

That little 'yes' brought me... so much.

That 'yes' brought me a deep, eternal love.

That 'yes' brought me the blessing of a temple marriage.

That 'yes' brought me a life of laughter, of morning breath kisses, and of gentle companionship.

That 'yes' brought me more than I deserve.

If I had a chance to do it over, I'd do it again.

Even if we disagree about buying a new car and what to name our munchkin.

Paul Phillips, you are my best friend forever.

Thanks for asking me out on my last first date.

Paul and I, about a month after our first date.

1 comment: