Home Contact About me We believe Photography Stitch Bake

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving, dirty dishes, and some not-so-funny potty humor


Thanksgiving was a success! I didn't burn anything.

The menu included: turkey, ham, sweet potato bake, green bean casserole, stuffing, broccoli cheese rice casserole, pink stuff salad, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and chocolate pie.

Needless to say, I'm still recovering from all those hours spent in the kitchen. And I have yet to even start on the dishes!

My in-laws drove to Utah from Colorado and we somehow packed nine people into my tiny living room for Thanksgiving dinner.

The only bad part about Thanksgiving was our plumbing conveniently decided to explode the day before Thanksgiving. We have to climb over this lovely pile of dirt to get to our front door.

It's been a blasty blast, let me tell you.

(This is me being a Creeper McCreeperson and spying on the plumbers)

I might possibly be dying.

Being pregnant = peeing every half hour

Being a huge germophobe + no running water = panic attack

The best part about not having any running water is the lovely pile of smelly dishes left from Thanksgiving that I need to hand wash. Last year it took me three days to clean all of our Thanksgiving dishes.
If you have a dishwasher, go give it a kiss because I am super jealous of you.

I think I need a break from this Thanksgiving break.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. ahh, no dishwasher?! I DO NOT miss those days. Prune hands in the future!

    Sorry about your plumbing ! =( Terrible timing.

    Hope you still have some help around when you have water again. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I'm so sorry about your plumbing--I can relate a little because when I was at the very end of my pregnancy and we moved into our current apt, the toilet wouldn't work for weeks--it was awful! I hope it's fixed soon! I hope it's fixed now. I also didn't have a dishwasher until this year and I hated handwashing the millions of dishes--ugh!

    ReplyDelete