Home Contact About me We believe Photography Stitch Bake

Saturday, June 2, 2012

a sunrise


Each morning, I nurse my baby in bed around this time. Due to the heat, this morning we had the window wide open to let in some cold air from the mountains. As I was laying there, watching my baby and wondering if today was going to be as wretched as yesterday, I looked up and saw the sun rising over the mountains through my bed frame.  I was overwhelmingly reminded that my Heavenly Father loves me and that if it weren't for all of the yucky no-good days, I wouldn't be able to appreciate the lovely, tiptoe-through-the-tulips kinds of days. Two quotes immediately came to my mind. I couldn't decide which to post here, because both just applied so perfectly well. 

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."

-Anne Frank

Have a glorious morning.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Enjoy your day as it progresses and always be thankful, without one end of the spectrum you wouldn't know what the other side was!

    ReplyDelete