Home Contact About me We believe Photography Stitch Bake

Friday, December 14, 2012

month ten

Normally on the fourteenth of every month, I post Lily's X month picture and some details of the last month. This morning, I woke up to a news story about twenty children being murdered in their elementary school by a gunman. As I took Lily's ten month old pictures, my tears flooded the eyepiece of my camera. What if Lily had been one of those children? How precious few are her days that she is alive and healthy. Each day that passes is another day less that she will be a sweet and innocent child. In a few short years, she will be cast into a cruel adult world full of evil. I will have to explain to her that there are terrible people in this world who would wish to do her harm. Even the children who survived this Connecticut elementary school shooting will never be the same. Their innocence died today. In lieu of this tragedy, I cannot bring myself to celebrate Lily being another month older today. Instead, I am going to celebrate her health, her innocence, and her sweetness. These things cannot be depicted by my camera, so this post will remain sans picture. Please keep the health and innocence of the children in your life in your thoughts today as the parents of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting grieve. 

Mandy Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment